GUIDES TO REOPENING
- To assist with the development of a building reopening strategy, a working group of the Reform, Conservative and Reconstructing Judaism Movements have put together A Guide to the Considerations about Re-opening Synagogue Buildings. This is the first edition of the guide, which will evolve as conditions change. The objective is to provide direction and layout a thought process for synagogues in planning for the reopening of their buildings, and getting back to in-person programs and services. In addition, there are two samples of synagogue reopening plans which can be used to inform individual plans.
- Considerations for Reopening and Resumption of Operations
- Jewish Values Regarding Physical Reopening of Our Institutions
- UJA Federation Scenario Planning Worksheet
- UJA Federation Re-Opening Scenario Planning Guide
- Recommended Preventative Practices and FAQs for Faith-based and Community Leaders
- National Governor’s Association (NGA) State and Territory Resources Page
- California COVID -19 INDUSTRY GUIDANCE: Places of Worship and Providers of Religious Services and Cultural Ceremonies
- “Reopening Our Workspaces: A Playbook” by Leading Edge
- Guide to the Considerations About Re-opening Synagogue Buildings
- Reopening Meeting from Hewlett East Rockaway Jewish Center
CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL (CDC)
- Interim Guidance for Communities of Faith (Updated May 23, 2020)
- FAQ for Administrators and Leaders at Community- And Faith-Based Organizations
- Checklist for Community and Faith Leaders
- Guidance for Childcare Settings
- Directory of State and Local Health Departments
- Updated Guidelines for Schools
- Sample: Waiver form
- Sample: Waiver/ Release/ Covenant not to sue/ Indemnity agreement
- Sample: Acknowledgement, Release, and Hold Harmless Agreement
- Sample: Covid Reopening Attestation
- Sample: COVID Warning Sign
- Sample: Consent for Live Streaming
ARTICLES AND MEMOS
- Thinking About Reopening? 10 Things Synagogue Leaders Should Consider
- Congregation Or Tzion Phase-One Attendance Policy
- COVID Reopening and Reentry
- Beth Israel Center (BIC) Operating Practices During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Policies and Procedures for Reopening Pre School – Congregation Beth El, South Orange, NJ
- International Coalition of Performing Arts Aerosol Study
- A High Holy Day Reframe: Meeting Needs is a Synagogue’s Mission in Covid and Always
As a USCJ member, your congregation can take advantage of the below cost savings. Contact our partners directly to begin saving money today.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE) DISCOUNTS: Synagogues that are looking to stockpile masks, gloves and hand sanitizer can now save on bulk orders through USCJ’s partners, The Buying Networks, MPG Promotions, A&M Industrial, and Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA). You will find medical masks that are three layers and hand sanitizers which meet or exceed the 70% ethanol requirement to kill COVID-19, while leaving hands soft. Gloves and hand sanitizer are also available. For more information click here.
Synagogues can also utilize the Jewish Together PPE Purchasing Portal, which has special discounts.
STREAMSPOT: Live streaming company StreamSpot offers a 25% lifetime discount on service plans and a 10% discount on equipment. This offer also applies to congregations already using StreamSpot, who can receive the discount moving forward. Register now. For more information please contact Geoffrey Hearn.
ZOOM: Especially during this difficult time, where staying connected to clergy, staff, fellow congregants and students is of utmost importance, we are delighted to share with you a new discount program with ZOOM, the leading video conferencing app. USCJ affiliates receive a 15% discount off all newly opened accounts using the code USCJ-ZOOM (apply discount code prior to checkout).
- Free ZOOM For Religious School: Conducting virtual religious school classes? ZOOM is temporarily lifting the 40-minute time limit on free basic accounts for schools affected by the coronavirus. Click here to learn how to get access for your school.
- Free ZOOM Tutorial: A free Zoom tutorial will show you all you need to know to get started using this convenient video conferencing tool. Click here.
AUGUST 11, 2020
Reopening Webinar from Reform, Reconstructionist, and Conservative/Masorti Task Force
AUGUST 5th, 2020 at 2 PM ET
Back to School? A Forum for Early Childhood Educators
Join us for a conversation about navigating the challenges facing preschools amidst COVID-19. We’ll address key issues including safety protocols, sharing of play materials, policies and procedures.
Click here to view the recording.
- Materials and resources in the Sharepoint drive above.
JULY 14, 2020
Back to Business: Developing a Reopening Plan Use the password: 8X&2=1.b
- Click here for the materials.
- Please take a moment to click here to take the evaluation.Your feedback is important to us and will help us shape programs like this in the future.
JUNE 24, 2020
Enhancing Your High Holiday Live Streaming Experience Use the password 3r?!118E
JUNE 18, 2020
Taking Zoom Programs and Services to the Next Level
JUNE 11, 2020
How to Reopen – Part 2: Making the Leadership Decision (presented by JFNA)
- Click here to access the webinar recording
JUNE 3, 2020
How to Reopen – Part I: Preparing for the Safety and Security Issues (presented by JFNA)
- Click here to access the webinar recording
JUNE 2, 2020
Developing Your Synagogue’s Reopening Task Force
This presentation from the Secure Community Network (SCN) included the work from the Resumption of Operations and Organizational Reopening Working Group that is creating guides for the Jewish community as they reopen.
- Click here to access the webinar recording (password: 9E$M6wG@)
- Click here for presentation materials.
This website will be updated regularly with new resources and information. If you have not found what you are looking for, please check back and/or contact your synagogue consultant for additional information.